Mark Geisert via Cygwin wrote:
I'm now going through the laborious process of building inkscape on my test system to see if the same issue happens with my build.  I'll give an update when I have something to report.

I've found that Cygwin's latest inkscape 0.92.3 cannot be built with either gcc-g++ 11.4 or 11.2. There are incompatibilities with recent C++ include files. Inkscape *can* be built with gcc-g++ 7.4; that version even seems to run okay.

So it seems that without finding and installing an intervening gcc-g++ I probably cannot build an inkscape that shows the OP's issue for its investigative value: building okay but not runnable.

In the meantime I will work towards an NMU (non-maintainer update) of inkscape using the gcc-g++ that works... hopefully in the next couple of days or so.

..mark