On 22.09.2023 08:39, Mesibo Technical via Cygwin wrote:
This issue is about Python on Cygwin not using the recommended module extension.
[cut]
Any idea why Cygwin is using the .dll extension instead of the .pyd
extension as recommended by Python's official documentation?
Additionally, is there a way to know during runtime the specific
extension used by a particular version of Python, without having to
make assumptions based on the system type?

Cygwin is Unix on Windows, so the dll extension is equivalent
to the so extension on Linux/Unix.
I am almost sure that we are not modifying the source code for this specific issue. But I could be wrong

Any insights or solutions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Regards
Marco