On 22/12/2023 14:41, James Hanley via Cygwin wrote:
when running the following script below - I always get the error indicated
in the subject line.  If I click another site from the UI then after it
works fine.  If I change the script to reflect that selected site from the
UI and re-run, I get the same error mentioned.  Any ideas?

Yeah, this error should probably be reported in a clearer fashion.

I think what this error is telling you is that 'http://cygwinports.org/ports.gpg' is not a valid gpg key.

This is correct.  If you open that with your browser, you'll see why.

The cygwinports package repo was shut down some time ago (2017 I think).

The solution is to remove that key from your setup invocation.