On Dec 18 12:10, Cedric Blancher via Cygwin wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Dec 2023 at 10:39, Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin
> <cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> > Basically, with 3.4, you always have to set the "sparse" mount option,
> > with 3.5, on local SSDs you don't.  I don't see a problem here.
>
> How can I remount the existing C: mount with the "sparse" option in
> Cygwin 3.4? I cannot get it working, or I am too stupid.

How about you tell us what you did, so we can check?  I know that it
works, but apparently something crucial is missing.

One thing, for instance, is, that changes in fstab and fstab.d only
start working after stopping all Cygwin processes of the user or after
calling `mount -a'.

Another is, of course, how your fstab line actually looked like.

Corinna