David Karr via Cygwin writes:

> Ok. I forgot I had to add that package.
>
> However, now there's another odd problem. The command line still doesn't
> start anything, but it does print an error message, saying that it can't
> find "/usr/local/bin/emacs.xml".  I can copy that file from the old laptop,
> but is that file supposed to be generated by something?

Don't remember, but here's my version, you should remove the 'x'

Use something like this as your target for an XEmacs shortcut target

  \C64\bin\run2.exe /usr/local/bin/cygxemacs.xml

And the following in cygxemacs.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="us-ascii"?>
<Run2Config
  xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="run2.xsd">
  <SelfOptions />
  <Global>
    <Environment/>
    <Target filename="/usr/bin/bash.exe" startin="~">
      <Arg>-l -c /usr/local/bin/xemacs-21.5-b35</Arg>
    </Target>
  </Global>
</Run2Config>

ht
                10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh EH8 9AB, SCOTLAND
                           e-mail: h...@inf.ed.ac.uk