On 2024-03-24 12:59, Matthias--- via Cygwin wrote:
I downloaded ntfs-3g_ntfsprogs-2022.10.3.tgz from tuxera, extract it and run,
in my cygwin 3.5
environment:
    ./configure
    make ntfsprogs

I got a "fatal error: linux/fd.h: No such file or directory".
All ntfsprogs are build in ~/ntfsprogs but not ntfsrecover, ntfssecaudit and
ntfsusermap.

So do you have any hint where I can find this "linux/fd.h" ?

On Linux!

Check your config and make logs for questionable defaults or automatic
selections.

You may want to first try just `make`, to ensure that all subdirectory configs are done properly, as those are often run by the top level make, using the cached results from configure.

                                -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry