On 4/20/2024 8:12 AM, enrique--- via Cygwin wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to install a service manually in an attempt to understand why
cron-config did not work for me.

So, I did this:

$ net stop cron
Tjenesten Cron daemon stopper .
Tjenesten Cron daemon ble stoppet.

$ cygrunsrv -R cron

$ cygrunsrv -I -p /usr/sbin/cron.exe -a -n
cygrunsrv: Trailing commandline arguments not allowed
Try `cygrunsrv --help' for more information.

I also tried a number of other combinations and orders of arguments, all with
similar results.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

I would try --args '-n' instead of -a -n.  Perhaps some other
variation of quoting will be needed to make clear to cygrunsrv
that the -n is for the application, not for cygrunsrv.

Best - Eliot Moss