Sorry for top posting. GMail on phone.

I guess the issue of Explorer dependencies for some Windows apps would be
an issue for all shell replacements. That issue was not discussed in the
Wikipedia article, but might indeed be an issue.

The thing that would be cool if one can replace Explorer with an X11
session is that all of a sudden, there are lots of different user
interfaces available.