On Sat, 6 Jul 2024 at 21:55, Mark Liam Brown via Cygwin
<cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> Cygwin gcc is currently stuck at version 11.4:
> $ gcc --version
> gcc (GCC) 11.4.0
>
> I would politely request an urgent update to GCC 13.3 (not 14.1, 13.3
> is considered mature), as 11.4 causes severe problems:
> 1. Securly updates in the STL are not available in Cygwin
> 2. Everything relying on C++17, e.g. std::pmr::polymorphic_allocator,
> does not work
> 3. Qt6 is not portable to Cygwin, which has a severe impact

I'd agree that newer gcc 13.x to compile Cygwin and as /usr/bin/gcc
would be a very good idea, not only for performance+STL fixes, but
also since by default the Cygwin distro lacks C++17 support, which VS
Studio has since VS 19.

Ced
--
Cedric Blancher <cedric.blanc...@gmail.com>