Hi -

I dont want to give away your email by replying because I am
afraid it won't obfuscate when I reply back.

Thanks for the reply from you and the group!

I'm trying to issue this command

mkpasswd -l rsyncuser >> /etc/passwd

i thought it would append a line to the end of my /etc/passwd file
that would indicate that i now have a rsync user.

it malfunctions and doesnt append anything.

I might want to mention when i go to install from the installer at the
end of the installer wizard i get this m\sg.

Package: _/Unknown package
xinit.sh exit code 3

I dont know why mkpasswd is not working in this syntax.
I am about to add it (passwd file entry) in manually. I changed subjects for a
while and
I am working on computing again at GMT -4 20:00 Jul 28

What I have accomplished so far is containerized with docker
grsync and rsync and forwarded it over x windows to cygwin.
It worked well, but they said i have to have a user both in
docker and cygwin with the same user and group id.
This is a step so that I can use rsync part of the app.
Then i can escalate with grsync gui with advanced commands of
rsync and sudo into a directory where i need elevated privileges.
I am also working on ssh with all this in the meantime but leaving
some of that off for now.

I am setting up this special container up as part of my "workbench" to work
on apache royale by spinning up docker containers with custom
PhP extensioins.

So, i just dont know at the moment about this mkpasswd and
what i did wrong.

I will keep after it.

P.S. i might mention that the AI gives a killer tutorial on
windows permissions. It teaches to do chmod on mingw
which doesnt have that command like cygwin via icalcs,
but so doens't Brian and he is not any AI ;-)

thanks for any help,
jim

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.