Well, I've searched the 'net high and low for information on this, and have found
nothing that fully resolves the issue, but...  Has anyone successfully built and run
GIMP under Cygwin?  I know there exists a Win32 version of GIMP, but I want to run
under Cygwin in XFree.

GIMP uses GTK+, glib and who knows what else.  I've visited a few pages that purport
GIMP's ability to run under Cygwin (with the supposed dependances), but normal
./configure's and ./make's of the packages involved end up returning errors.  If
anyone has worked through all this and has a STEP BY STEP w/success, I'd be glad to
see it.  A few days of dinking with it have not produced success on my part.  There's
gotta be a secret incantation...

chris
-----
Chris Olive