Heyho,

openssl's commandline tools always output in text mode, no matter what your mount type is, be it binary or text.

Is this a bug or a feature? ;o)

I wonder whether I can convince openssl to generate its output according to my mount type, which is binary for me. Currently I postprocess openssl's output with a small perl filter to get rid of the superfluous CRs. But this is suboptimal, as I have to remove this filter once I want to run my scripts on a real unix OS.

Can anybody help?

$ openssl smime -decrypt -in msg.body -recip recipient.crt -inkey recipient.key -out testit.out

$ cat -A testit.out
^M$
test decryption^M$
^M$