Edward Peschko wrote:

> > > There is no option.
> >
> > If your "terse cgf reply decoder ring" has not yet arrived, you may be
> > interested in "man cygpath", e.g. "cygpath -w `pwd`".
>
> yeah, I did a little more mucking around and came up with cygpath. Its not the most
> obvious place to find that information though, nothing in unix screams out 'cygpath
> is
> what you want!!!' since there *are* no unix analogs. I think that the same options
> that
> are on cygpath should also be on pwd; this might make things a little more user
> friendly.

You will quickly find that the Cygwin motto is that things are the way
they are because the developers are just mean.  Not being one of them, I
can't really read their minds but I would imagine this has come to be
after fielding way too many questions on the mailing lists that boil
down to "Cygwin isn't doing what I thought it should", or some
permutation thereof.

In their defense, I should point out that this one is covered in the
FAQ: <http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#SEC37>

Brian