        From: Ross Ridge [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Mon 4/19/2004 9:40 PM
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: RE: Cygwin make thinks a statement can be neither true nor false....

        >  Possibly a bug in make, as I'd expect it to complain
        >about an undefined function named "error:".

        I would've expected it to complain about a bad substition reference,
        ie. it's missing an "=".

        > Similar constructs are also silently ignored:
        >
        >  $(foo This isn't a valid make function)
        >  $(bar Neither is this)

        Since "foo" and "bar" aren't functions supported by GNU Make these are
        just simple variable references.  Eg:

                foo This isn't a valid make function=one
                bar Neither is this=two

                test:
                        echo $(foo This isn't a valid make function)
                        echo $(bar Neither is this)

                                                        Ross Ridge

        --
         l/  //   Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU