Alexander Polson wrote:

> I would like to execute a command via ssh on a remote Win2000 machine
> (with cygwin and ssh server working OK). Then the gui app must start up
> interactively in a specified Windows directory.
>
> I found the closest reference to this in the archives under "How to
> launch gui app from cron", but could have missed a closer topic.
>
> I tried the direct command: ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> /cygdrive/c/path/program.exe, which starts up program.exe, but in
> non-interactive / invisible way.

When you install the sshd service on the remote machine, it will require
the "--interactive" flag to cygrunsrv if it is to launch GUI apps.
Perhaps the easiest way to accomplish this is to remove the sshd
service, edit ssh-host-config to include the flag on the install line
(cygrunsrv -I sshd ... ) and re-run ssh-host-config to reinstall the
service.

Brian