----- Original Message ----- From: "Ronald Fischer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 8:00 PM
Subject: Perl IPC::Cmd

I'm using
 perl 5.8.7 for Solaris
 perl 5.8.8 for Cygwin
 perl 5.8.10 for Windows (native)

perl 5.8.10 ??

To my surprise, the Cygwin version of Perl does not include the standard module IPC::Cmd, though the other two (in particular, the earlier 5.8.7 Perl) do. Is there a particular reason, why IPC::Cmd is left out from the Cygwin distribution?

I don't know. Mind you, they don't need a reason to not include a non-core module - the fact that it's not a core module is, of itself, sufficient reason.

With perl 5.10.0, IPC::Cmd became a core module, so *every* build of perl 5.10.0 ought to include that module.

Cheers,
Rob