All

Apologies for the lack of information, it's easy to assume the prospective
readers know what your talking about.  I have solved my problems, but I'll
outline them for you and future readers.

I'm running the NetBeans IDE 6.5.1 which I installed no problems.

I checked the NetBeans forums for Compiler info and was recommended Cygwin
which I downloaded.

Lacking in the information at the time as to which packages to install, I
installed them all.

Then, when trying to BUILD or DEBUG from NetBeans IDE i recieved the error
'bash' is not recognized as an internal or external command,   operable
program or batch file.

I also recieved this message when typing Cygwin into the usr/Cygwin/ install
directory, i recieved the same message.

Running SETUP.EXE I noticed that the SIZE of BASH was listed as "?", ie: no
size.

After trawling thru a few different lists and forums, i UNINSTALLed the BASH
and RE-INSTALLED.  I no longer recieved the "'bash' is not recognized as an
internal or external command..." error message, but a new error saying that
cygintl-8.dll could not be found...

I checked the /BIN/ directory and found cygintl-1.dll ONLY... Checked
online, found that there were dif versions of some of the DLLs that staretd
cygintl-1.dll and then evolved as cygintl-2.dll upto the current
cygintl-8.dll.

Tried to REINSTALL bash yet again, but still the same cygintl-8.dll missing
error.   I searched my whole hard drive and found that on the first
(aborted) installation to a different path, it had installed the
cygintl-8.dll which I then copied into the current install BIN directory.

I repeated this for about 5 or 6 other .dll files.

This resolved my problems and NetBeans IDE and Cygwin appear to be able to
BUILD, DEBUG etc with no problems.

Thanks

SO