I've just installed Cygwin 1.3, and am trying to get telnetd configured and
working.  Here's what I've tried so far.

1) I've used the to build the files in /etc.  This seems to work fine, and
they look more or less like the same files on Linux.
2) I added entries to /etc/shells for /usr/bin/bash (since there did not
seem to be a /bin/bash).
3) I installed inetd as a service, using the --install-as-service option,
and start the service.
4) If I telnet in as "telnet localhost", I get "login:" and it takes my
password.  I then get the default login message ("Fanfare!..")
5) At this point, telnet hangs, and nothing I type gets echoed back (except
for for <CR>!).

I'm at a loss as to how to debug this.  Has anyone seen this problem, and
have any idea what in addition I need to configure for this to work?

I'm using Win2000/Professional for cygwin on the system running inetd and
telnetd.

Much thanks for any hints.

Rob
Rob Thorne