--
Tim May:
> > As a meta-point, the world is not in short supply of lots of
> > good RNGs, ranging from Johnson noise detectors to very strong
> > Blum-Blum-Shub generators. The interesting stuff in crypto
> > lies in other places.

Eugen Leitl
> I disagree here somewhat. Cryptography ttbomk doesn't have means
> of construction of provably strong PRNGs, especially scalable
> ones, and with lots of internal state (asymptotically
> approaching one-time pad properties), and those which can be
> mapped to silicon real estate efficiently both in time (few gate
> delays, >GBps data rates) and in space (the silicon real estate
> consumed for each bit of PRNG state).

Why would one want to implement a PRNG in silicon, when one can
easily implement a real RNG in silicon?

And if one is implementing a PRNG in software, it is trivial to
have lots of internal state (asymptotically approaching one-time
pad properties).

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     zpSkoZyEIznFD4uNK6xfnsbGREchDTx3PKS53GZp
     4n1eG5pY8G+sWam6uh16xNeCGWMWn5a5IiBmurVoA