KPJ wrote:

[...]

> I have noticed this on-line anomaly which several people:
> they require more data on an online communication subject than on an offline
> communication subject. Appears irrational to me: online security can never
> become higher than physical security of the subject. But I disgress.

Not security, bandwidth. Millions of people can address me through
email, and hundreds do, every day.  Not enough time to read, so heaps is
skipped. In an ordinary day I doubt if as many as 5 strangers come up to
me and talk to me face to face, without me having approached them first,
and I live in a big city.  Also body language & stuff.