VME is so complex that I seriously doubt someone would ever be able to
reverse engineer it.  And if they did, they would find no weaknesses.  And
because it is one of a kind, the 25 year technology patent will protect any
attempts to copy it.  Given what I know about the company and the algorithm,
I am very secure in knowing that my investment is safe and will return huge
profits.

The post on sci.crypt while it looks very impressive, doesn't mean anything.
What it means is that VME is strong and can't be hacked.  Simple as that.
The whole point the challenge promotes.  The decrypt engine given for the
challenge is the engine, not a hack tool as correctly pointed out.  You need
the correct passwords.  You will always need the correct passwords. Meganet
did make sure that no one can win the challenge, not by encrypting random
numbers, but by building a world class and unique algorithm.  NIST labs have
even tipped their hat to Meganet for a great product.

The file that is encrypted is a meaningful file.  In fact it is a graphic
file.  There is a hint for you, not that it will help.