Eric Cordian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :

> It was my understanding that libraries destroy records of patrons'
> activity as soon as the books are returned.  Nonetheless, this is an
> interesting Federal fishing expedition, with warrants issued by secret
> courts, and criminal penalties for librarians who talk too much.
>

>http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-attacks-libraries0625jun24.story
>
> --
> Eric Michael Cordian 0+

OK, so all that is needed is a collateral-based anonymous library card.
Required collateral could be based on the difficulty of replacement.
Priceless relics could require identity as collateral. Potboilers,
market price + shipping and handling.

Worse than searching library records, of course, is the tracking of
internet reading habits.

Mike