----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Cordian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Although I appear to have been the final catalyst for the discussion of
unemployment. I agree with pretty much everything Eric Cordian said. In fact
my current state of lack of work, has little to do with lack of employment,
I am officially employed as a Substitute Teacher in the Gilroy Unified
School District (Gilroy, Ca), but due to summer I am lacking in work. If you
simply need a job, and have a bachelor's degree (or higher), sub teaching
pays, barely enough to live on, but it does pay. Additionally I have several
adding factors in this, of course I do consulting when available, have some
investments from when I was more enjoyably employed, but most importantly
I'm using the spare time I do have (sub teaching doesn't take much actual
work) to actually do #4:
> 4.  Don't expect anyone to pay you to sit around and figure out what the
>     Next Big Thing is going to be.

At which point I will attempt to get funding (if needed), work to make the
world a better place, and most importantly make a great deal of money for
the people funding the product/productline.

A quick word of warning, in California it takes on the order of 6 months to
get the piece of paper that says you can sub teach, so be prepared for a bit
of a wait, find a job at McDonald's or whatever for a while.
                Joe