--
On 11 Sep 2002 at 9:07, Tim May wrote:

> Last Minute Comments:
>
> * Meeting/BBQ/Party at Tim May's house, Saturday, September
> 14th, 1 p.m. onwards. Formal agenda to start promptly at 2
> p.m.
>
> * I've had a lot of confirmations (not required, except for
> lurkers and strangers) from a lot of people, so PARKING is
> OFFICIALLY BECOMING A PROBLEM. I live at the top of a  hill
> serviced by a one-lane road going from the valley floor up
> several hundred feet to my driveway above. I have had parties
> where about 15 cars were in one of several places:
>
> -- my own parking lot, handling about 4-5 cars besides my own
> 2.
>
> -- my driveway, handling about 4-6 more cars, depending on
> whether they block others!
>
> -- the side of the road at the very top of the hill, handling
> 3-5 other cars
>
> -- the rest, I'm not sure where they parked!

I observed Tim's place.  His estimate of the parking situation
seems optimistic to me, though doubtless he knows the situation
better than I do.  Be prepared for a considerable walk and/or
frequent car rearrangements, and unscheduled delay in leaving.
Tim's house is on a long, one lane track, somewhat east of the
back of beyond.

You recall the house in the cartoon "Courage, the cowardly
dog"?  Now imagine that same house, and rotate the landscape
seventy degrees so that the house is stapled to the side of a
mountain and the road dug into the side of a mountain.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     6wLay9FqSokQWYJ9KA94MevETkNtbnDry7fxHbD8
     2+d7YG2eU5+wxXOCENNyvul+Im5tPQ3C6FI8UQzNF