Sunder:
> > Yes: The factory was bombed, but actual
> > deaths were one night watchman, "not tens
> > of thousands", and he asserted that the
> > Sudanese government are the good guys in
> > the civil war, and their opponents
> > terrorists.

James A. Donald:
> And how many of their citizens have or will die due
> to lack of those very
> same pharamceuticals that the bombed factory can no
> longer produce? Or
> suffer from disease due to the same?

Possibly, but neither you nor Chomsky knew or cared
what pharmaceutical the factory produced, whereas I
do.  Thus my estimates of likely casualties are likely
to be better than Chomsky's

My point was not that the bombing was OK, but that
Chomsky was pulling his facts out of his ass.

His initial claim was that tens of thousands were
killed directly by the bombing, and he came up with
this stuff about shortages of pharmaceuticals only
after being challenged on that claim.
http://faith.yahoo.com