On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Major Variola (ret) wrote:

> At 30K feet, you have about half a minute before you pass out

Which isn't the problem it's the -40F that kills you. You freeze
your ass off well before you ever die from lack of oxygen. The vast
majority of folks can hold their breath long enough for a jet to go
from 30k to 10k in a emergency dive. Less than 60s.

As to the temp,

Don't believe me, Go jump in a pond during winter wearing a standard
1/4" neopreme wet suit. Now subtract 70F from the water temp. and
imagine your bodies reaction with no weat suit. There is a reason that
Polar Bears (people who jump in water in winter) wear grease.

    We don't see things as they are,                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    we see them as we are.                                   www.ssz.com
                                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Anais Nin                                         www.open-forge.org