On Sun, 1 Dec 2002, Sarad AV wrote:

> --- Jim Choate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 1 Dec 2002, Sarad AV wrote:
> >
> > > We can't define completeness.
> >
> > We can define it, as has been done.
>
> okay,I get what you mean,thank you.
> How ever how do you 'precisely' define completeness?

???? There were a couple of examples in the message you replied to. There
are different sorts of completeness as well. You might also look into some
of the references I provided. I intentionaly use the Dover books as much
as possible because they are available all over, and they are very
inexpensive but high quality.

The best example I've seen is the 'Catalog' problem. Basically you have a
bunch of books and two catalogs. One catalog has books which don't list
themselves, and the other catalog only has books that do list themselves.
How do you list the two catalogs? (You probably want to google it for a
better description of the exact conditions and boundary values)

    We don't see things as they are,                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    we see them as we are.                                   www.ssz.com
                                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Anais Nin                                         www.open-forge.org