Eugen Leitl wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Peter Fairbrother wrote:
>
>> What I don't understand is how a node knows the location of a person
>> who moves about in the first place.
>
> The node spans a cell. Similiar to your cellular phone, you can link an ID
> to a cell. Within the cell you can use relativistic ping and/or signal
> strength (that's how mobile phone localization is done today). Since cells
> overlap you've got a lot of constraints to get a position fix.

Sure, I understand that. Maybe I wasn't clear. What I want to know is how an
end-user can know where another end-user, who moves from cell to cell, is? A
cellphone network uses a constantly-updated central database.

What is a cell here? Is it just the nodes that one node can reach directly,
or a geographical area? I thought a mesh wasn't structured at that level.

--
Peter Fairbrother