> But what I don't fully "get" is why stance matters, per se. For instance,
> take p2p. We can actually argue all we want about what government should/not
> do about "the problem", but in the end file sharing is just about
> unstoppable.
>
> If I write or release an app, then, that will facilitate "seamless" (ie,
> within the Kazaa browser, for instance) transmision and storage of shared
> files in an encrypted format, it kinda doesn't matter what my personal
> philosophy is, does it? I can claim to be a libertarian or say that Ayn Rand
> In other words, I'm not particularly pro- or anti-government per se. Frankly,
> I don't care a ton what the government does on this issue (for instance). By
> writing and releasing apps (or simply conceiving of and discussing new apps

Changing the method (or introducing a new one) of communication between
subjects is inherently anti-government.

Government is that by control, and requiring it to do extra work to retain that
control is generally viewed as unpleasant. French resisted introduction of
telegraph for several decades - the government insisted on soldier-guarded
signalling tower system.

I can not think of any current government that would not be shit scared at the
prospect of all subjects suddenly acquiring method for secret or untraceable
(or both) communication.

So your releasing of that p2p app is and will be viewed as pushing arms (free
guns, imagine the possibilities) and will be dealt with accordingly. Especially
if you make it to operate as simply as .45

=====
end
(of original message)

Y-a*h*o-o (yes, they scan for this) spam follows:
http://mailplus.yahoo.com