At 10:10 PM 12/19/02 -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Nothing serious, just throwing a quick thought out...
>
>It has been mentioned that you should always use crypto. If you wait
until
>you actually have something private to send, then an adversary will
know
>exactly which message is important. Encrypting everything gives equal
>suspicion to each message and nobody has the resources to attack all of
your
>mail.
>
>So, I was thinking that rather than just encrypt each message, why not
just
>keep a constant encrypted stream open? So, even when you are asleep,
>computers at each node are bombarding each other with encrypted "junk"
>files. Your noise to signal ratio would be phenomenal.

Very good, sir.  Your next assignment is to read about Mixmaster
anonymous remailer networks.  Generally sending uniformly-sized (padded
or fragmented or noise) blocks at regular intervals is preferable (and
equivalent)
to your suggestion of keeping connections open all the time.

--

"Intended only for lawful uses." -HP Computer Advert