>>>Ultimately, what we need is encrypted voice. <<<

Al Quaida sure do.Dragon speaking has some Drs and lawyers packages,so maybe they have a crypto option.A local Dr here had his laptop seized recently so I imagine there is at least a small market.
http://www.dragontalk.com/ORDERINFO.htm
I'll write and ask.

>>>Eric Blossom's Starium is busy working on providing that feature for both land line telephones and mobiles.<<<

How to purchase and forward? This could be lucrative line of business for the Soprano waste management Firm.

>>>However, no add-on crypto will defend against the location escrow universally employed by cellular providers. As long as your mobile is turned on, your movement will be tracked and stored, <<<

Is that why the freedom fighters have a lot of throwaways? SMS is huge down here,I have a program to send them from the PC.SMS Sender 1.01.
Cutting and pasting,"attack at dawn,"in PGP/GPG should be possible,yes?

File Transit Inc. - Freeware, Shareware and Demo Software ...
... Smart Sender 1.01, 38, Mail Senders for Windows. ... SmartSound® Movie Maestro
1.01, 2, Macintosh Software. ... SMS Demon 1.1, 25, SMS Utilities for Windows. ...
www.filetransit.com/ alphaindex.php?offset=400&letter=s - 53k - 20 Dec 2002 - Cached - Similar pages
Welcome to FileHungry
... Smart Sender 1.01 Smart Sender is designed to make your E-Mail Marketing ... SMS-it 1.1
SMS-it allows you to send SMS to a mobile phone using your computer. ...

The assassinphone of the future looks more and more like a,'one time pad.'