> Does anyone have a pointer to software that will create messages
> like this?  Could be a great opportunity for stego - just replace the
> # characters with random ones.  Then let there be an option to either
> use a crypto RNG for the random char choice, or to load in a stealthed
> version of a PGP message.
>
> All we need is a nice ascii-font-based program like this and the rest
> would be easy.  Anyone?

AAlib - a portable ASCII art library. Works even with realtime images, is
quite odd to watch TV through it. (See in combination with mplayer, or ttv
TV player.)

http://aa-project.sourceforge.net/aalib/

I don't have enough time nor stego skills to actually rewrite it to
AAStegoLib, but I think we could get pretty good amount of data into such
kinds of realtime moving ASCII art.