On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Ken Hirsch wrote:

> In general you have to consider the whole system, including derivation
> rules, not just the axioms, although you can certain start with a set of
> axioms like:
>
> { x=1,  x=2}
> or, come to think of it,
> { 1=2 }

You'd first have to define what '=' means, that would be your axiom. 'x',
'1', and '2' would simply be symbols derived from the definition of '='.

      We are all interested in the future for that is where you and I
      are going to spend the rest of our lives.

                              Criswell, "Plan 9 from Outer Space"

      [EMAIL PROTECTED]                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      www.ssz.com                               www.open-forge.org