On Monday, March 3, 2003, at 08:17 AM, Steve Schear wrote:

At 09:38 PM 3/2/2003 -0800, you wrote:
No, I don't use that quote...though it's been floating around the Net for many years.

I realize you are referring to "Tim May included quoted text from Steve Schear who used a quote by Heinlein," but your form above suggests I was using the quote. I rotate a lot of quotes, but not that one.

A minor nit, but Steve Schear deserves the credit for using the quote, not me.

I'd love to take the credit Tim, but in this case I think it was you that used the quote (at least it was with your email when it arrived as the .sig) Strange.

steve

Oh, my apologies, especially to Bill. I forget which rotating quotes I have, unless I explicitly choose them.

You are right, it's in my list. And is included below.

Sorry.

--Tim May
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." --Robert A. Heinlein