I don't guess you read the article. It answers at least your first question.

Another option to breathing through a tube might be to not drink alcohol before
driving. Wow, you know... deterring people from drinking and driving might be a
favorable side effect of this public-monitoring, information-gathering tool of
big brother's.

Erle
http://ganns.com