Mindfuq wrote:
> I compiling the Mixmaster remailer, I get an error the
> OpenSSL was not compiled with IDEA support.  However, OpenSSL
> was supposed to have compiled with IDEA out of the box, with
> only an option to disable it. What am I missing?

You in all likelihood fell victim to some misguided nonsense that seems
to spread through the Open Source community at present. Some
distributions have disabled IDEA and other patented algorithms to
cleanse the code from "non-free" math to maintain the patent-purity of
the software. Cypherpunks of course reject such nonsense, just as they
rejected RSA DSI's and David Sternlight's claims that PGP must not be
used because it supposedly infringed on some patents.

Do a Google search for IDEA and the name of your OS or distribution to
find out how to recompile with IDEA support enabled.

--Lucky