> Relying on httpd operators to protect those who access is plain silly,
> even if echelon (funny how that word dropped below radar lately) did
> not exist.

Echelon could be grouped together with Carnivore and CALEA devices into
the group of Generic Transport-level Eavesdroppers. No need to consider it
separately, at least for technological purposes. (...am I right?)

> What doesn't exist is mixmaster-grade anon re-httpers. I guess that ones that
> would let just text through (no images/scripting etc.) would be repulsive
> enough for wide public and therefore useful.

Could it be constructed as eg. a FreeNet extension? Piggybacking on an
existing system is easier than rolling out a whole new thing.

> Once you provide your data, it is always retained forever. Learn to
> live with it.

What worries me a LOT is Google (and search engines in general). Very
useful tool, and way too attractive to profile people by their search
queries.