This piece of political PR was sent to a mailing list intended for internal reporting of computer problems at a university, so was obviously automatically grabbed. Maybe someone sold them a list of ac.uk addresses.

Dr Sean Gabb wrote:
> 2nd September 2003
>
> Dear Educator,
>
> We are writing to ask whether you would like to receive
> the future publications of the Libertarian Alliance by email.
>
> The Libertarian Alliance is the UK's premier radical
> libertarian group.

> Yours sincerely,
> Dr. Chris R. Tame
> Director  The Libertarian Alliance

I'd have thought Gabb & Tame (if it is them & not some spoof) were sussed enough to realise that spamming just makes you look like a prat.

Ken Brown