On Nov 24, 2003, at 9:51 AM, cubic-dog wrote:

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Major Variola (ret.) wrote:

Secretary of State Kevin Shelley is expected to announce today that as
of 2006, all electronic voting machines in California must be able to
produce a paper printout that voters can check to make sure their votes
are properly recorded.

Great! Now when I sell my vote, I can produce this reciept for payment! What a perfect system!

Umm, weren't voter "receipts" outlawed some time back
because of this exact issue?

But it will allow unions to enforce compliance in the collective union vote.

And wives can "hold out" unless hubby produces the proof that he vote for the feminista-approved candidate.

Voting receipts really open up the democratic process.

Of course, for those who think the problem with the West is too much democracy, not a good thing.

--Tim May