On 2004-06-09T12:39:31-0400, Tyler Durden wrote:
> Since an important theme in Cypherpunks is anonymous transactions, I'm
> wondering if there isn't some way we can't reverse-swindle folks like this,
> perhaps by getting them to wire into an egold account or something.
> Supposedly, they perform an ACH into an account, get you to withdraw the
> funds, give them their cut, and then they reverse the ACH causing your bank
> to try to collect from you.

Is that what they do?  I've been under the impression that they never
transfer you any money, that they just request incidental expenses which
gullible idiots view as an investment against their cut of the X million
promised.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ach
I can't believe an ODFI would allow you to withdraw that much money before
the RDFI is no longer able to perform a return.

A few times, I've tried requesting several thousand dollars expenses to
investigate setting up the necessary account.  Nobody's so much as replied
to that proposition.

--
"Not your decision to make."
"Yes.  But it's the right decision, and I made it for my daughter."