1. Thanks Declan for pruning my beliefs  ---I had actually thought the
younger, stupider, more surrounded by idiots Bush had puked that quote
re Athiests not being 'Merikans.  But Googling and your 0-ROI investment

in Lexis-Nexus shows that stupidity is heriditary.  But this is why you
are
an investigative reporter and I a rube.  Bush the Elder it shall be.

2. I asked my dad, who has similar L-N access, about my current manager,

and managed to find that he had had 2 different SSNs (and what they
were)
as well as where he had lived the last 10 or so years.

Other than lying to a hospital to get past HIPAA I have never in four
decades
been a social engineer.  Always good to have something to ask the boss
from
the don't export here country :-)

3. The UPTSO informed me similarly, if not so exploitably, about a
productive
colleage next 'cube over.  Employer, place of residence, year.

4. It amuses me that my last 2 crypto bosses have both been born in the
"do not export here" list of political tiles...

5. Science vol 304 25 June 2004 pp1896-1897 documents a physicists
retreat
wherein the weirdness of quantum physics was discussed.

5.1 Us "hidden variable" types still keep the faith amongst respiring
physicists.

5.2 It may be possible in 20 years (tm) to prove that you can't build
a 128 programmable qbit machine; or as some of the more paranoid
amongst us worry about,  an existence proof may exist.  Depending
on your understanding of decoherence.  If its exponentially harder to
run quantum computation for bigger problems the 'tographers would
have beaten the 'analysts yet again.

But that's way over my head.

#1: "The result suggest that the basic stuff of the universe is
information, he says"

#2: "What's it mean to say that the universe if just information?   To
me,
information has to be information about something"

Personally all the bits I've ever seen have been states of some *thing*.

Try to figure out why anyone who'se been receiving Earth RF has *not*
tried
beaming a signal back...-DH