I am fairly sure this is a particularily naive question but its been
making me think for a few days.

The question that I'd like to ask of those more in the know than I is:

   Does partially known passphrases/cipher keys offer a great risk to
encryption?

Obviously for something simple like a Vigenere cipher its a huge
problem. However, does it offer a great risk for something like
OpenPGP if the passphrase used to access the secretkey  is partially
compromised? And in turn if the passphrase is completely known yet the
secret key is still secured (physically) does knowing this passphrase
risk a complete compromise of the key pair?

--
Padraig MacIain
url:  http://www.bur.st/~darke/                 (Nimheil)