"Ken Brown" wrote...

And if there was such a test, how long before China stomped all over them. Last thing they want is a looney dictator with nukes on their borders (If only to pre-empt Russia, US, or Japan intervening). Even if both the Chinese state capitalists and the North Korean absolute divine monarchy still use the locally redundant word "Communist" when describing themselves to us Western barbarians.

I think this pretty much nails it. Actually, I was imagining that there was still enough relationship left between PRC and NK for the Chinese to say, "Uh, a nuclear test would not be a good idea", meaning (in Chinese speak), "No way you're gonna do that". I'm sure the Chinese at this point regard their relationship with NK as baggage, though I know the Chinese do re-patriate NK refugees, so they're at least maintaining pretenses.

-TD

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! hthttp://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/