I actually found the mechanics' article quite interesting. I think it's what anarchy starts to look like in the real world...ie, there are still laws 'somewhere', but they end up functioning like a 'value add' or quality control. I've argued on numerous occasions that NYC already has some very anarchic elements.

I also found it useful from a very practical persepctive...I've got good names to ask for in case I need some cheap (or discrete!) work done.

-TD

From: "R.A. Hettinga" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: RAH's postings.
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:04:34 -0500

At 10:23 AM -0500 12/21/04, Somebody wrote:
>What the hell does an article about gypsy
>mechanics have to do with cypherpunks?

I plead anarchic markets, m'lord. Emerging phenomena, and all that, in
spite all regulation to the contrary.

Which was why I sent the traffic thing as well. No laws (or regulation) is
better rules, in many interesting cases.

> It may
>be interesting to you, but it's off-topic,

You may say that, I couldn't possibly comment.

> and
>voluminous.

That's what your 'd' key is for.

If that's not good enough, perhaps an addition to your kill-file is in
order. Or you need assistance in creating a filter for your mailer?

Cheers,
RAH

-- ----------------- R. A. Hettinga <mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> The Internet Bearer Underwriting Corporation <http://www.ibuc.com/> 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA "... however it may deserve respect for its usefulness and antiquity, [predicting the end of the world] has not been found agreeable to experience." -- Edward Gibbon, 'Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire'