Dont' agree here...

From: Steve Furlong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Re: Hello directly from Jimbo at Wikipedia]
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:41:34 -0400

On 9/28/05, Roy M. Silvernail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

A Wikiwhiner wrote

> > I have valid although perhaps unpopular
> > contributions to make, and not only is my freedom to express myself
> > limited, the quality of the material on Wikipedia suffers due to the
> > absence of my perspective.

Wow. Nice ego there.

If someone I knew wrote some detailed Wiki entries about Telecom DCC control channel protocol throughputs and attacks, he could objectively state that there would be very few people in the world up to the task. He might also want to maintain anonymity.

Shutting down this source of wiki entries means that the general flow of Wikipedia content has been altered slightly, but I would argue significantly.

I see no material issue with an individual claiming that the absence of his posts to Wiki is significant, even if this is in fact untrue for his particular case. The ego is not material to the essential point.

-TD