Howdy folks,

Vadim, from Paycash, cc'd above, is looking for something on the web about
Eric's old encrypted open books idea, or whatever he called it, from about
6 or so years ago.

It's certainly in the bowels of the cypherpunks archives somewhere, though
knowing which month it's in is always the problem with something that old.
Vadim's looked at deja.com to see if it pops up there, and didn't come up
with anything there, so it might actually be buried on the web somewhere
else.

I also seem to remember hearing something about Eric talking about it at
some DEFCON or another, or maybe that was his silk-road-based "organized
piracy" (recursive auction, whatever) idea.

Any help would be appreciated, as I keep saying that Paycash reminds me so
much of Eric's idea, and now Vadim's *verry* interested in it. :-).

Of course, the idea of blinded database entries, or hashes and
zero-knowlege proofs of the entire contents of encrypted books, or whatever
it was, might even be as old as blinding itself is, but from Eric, and on
cypherpunks, about 5, almost 6, years ago, now, is where I think heard of
it first.

Wow. 6 years on cypherpunks, this April. Time flies when you're having fun,
eh, folks?

Cheers,
RAH
R. A. Hettinga <mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA