Dear Palm Computing platform solution provider,

We have three exciting announcements for our solution provider
community today.

First, we are very pleased to announce that version 3.5 of the Palm OS
software has been declared "GM" (Golden Master) - meaning that the
platform software is complete and is available to the various
licensees of the Palm Computing platform (IBM, Symbol, Qualcomm, TRG,
Handspring, Sony, Nokia, and of course Palm itself).  We are working
with the licensees to help them include Palm OS software version 3.5
in their current and/or future devices as their schedules and needs
dictate.  Please direct product inquiries to the licensees directly;
we can't make announcements on their behalf.

ROM images of the GM 3.5 software are already available; they have
been posted in the Development Seeding area of the Provider Pavilion
at http://www.palm.com/devzone/pavilion.html and were marked as DR4
(developer release 4).  Several versions of the ROMs images were
posted in this area, starting in October, and concluding with the
English-language DR4 posting in December, which has been declared the
GM version.  The DR5 postings posted there, in French, German, Italian
and Spanish are also GM versions.  We will soon add Japanese images as
well.

Our second announcement today is that the Palm OS software ROM images
are now available to our US-based developer community without the need
to physically sign a paper license.  The released Palm OS software ROM
images can also now be found in the Provider Pavilion at
http://www.palm.com/devzone/pavilion.html through a web-based
"clickwrap" license for US residents.

Such ROM images have been (and still are) available worldwide through
a paper license, since international law doesn't permit us do an
online license for all countries with this method.  We intend to
continue working to help developers in each country to the best of our
ability.

The Development Seeding program will continue for developers worldwide
as a place to get ROM images, future prerelease software and
information; this new "clickwrap" area is an addition that we're
pleased to be able to make available, and we intend to extend it to
other countries as our lawyers deem legally appropriate.

Our third announcement today is that the Palm VII ROM images are now
available to more developers. Due to embedded encryption technology,
US government restrictions prohibited us from distributing them outside
US and Canada. Now, if we can verify your internet connection location,
most developers around the world can download Palm VII ROM images.
The Palm VII ROM images are in the Developer Seeding Area and in the
US-only ROM Image Clickwrap Area mentioned above.

We strongly urge you to download the 3.5 versions of the Palm OS
software ROM images, and test your applications with them in the Palm
OS Emulator.  We have posted a list of the most common developer
issues that might arise in your testing, and their solutions, at
http://www.palm.com/devzone/docs/palmos35issues.html

To discuss development issues concerning Palm OS software version 3.5,
we invite you to join the Palm-Dev-Forum, a mailing list dedicated to
programming topics relating to Palm OS software development.  You can
sign up for this mailing list, and others, at
http://www.palm.com/devzone/mailinglists.html

To summarize:
 - Palm OS 3.5 software is finished
 - A paper license isn't required for US developers to get ROM images
 - Most international developers can now download Palm VII ROM images.
 - Top developer issues with 3.5 are explained at
   http://www.palm.com/devzone/docs/palmos35issues.html
 - Test your application on 3.5 now!

Thanks for your continued support of the Palm Economy.

Gabriel Acosta-Lopez
Director, Platform Development Services