   HTTP/1.1 302 Found
   Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 15:27:57 GMT
   Server: Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) PHP/3.0.12
   Expires: Fri, 17 Nov 1967 06:00:00 GMT
   Last-Modified: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 15:28:00 GMT
   Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate
   Pragma: no-cache
   Location:
http://XB7458FE79B8DBCAB0A656BFA664483AD.sevenval.com/?sevenvalstart=950023680
   Connection: close

   Connection closed by foreign host.

you see how it assigns me a unique ID on initial connection. since the
webbrowser will believe this number to be part of the URL, it will stay
with me as long as the session lasts. since it is delivered per session
(unique whenever the www.* address is accessed), it will allow
successful session-identification regardless of proxies or anonymizer.

to make things worse, if you leave the webpage in question, and go
towards a cooperative 3rd party website, your unique ID stays with you.
here is the proof:

   tom@ns:~ > telnet www.yellostrom.de 80
   Trying 194.77.233.68...
   Connected to www.yellostrom.de.