Reese wrote:

> >Actually, there's no evidence that Yabbadabbadoo Diallo "refused to talk"
>                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Was that really necessary?  Why not just "Diallo?"

IMHO Tim seems to subconsciously need to self-defeat his point.  Or wants the
"PC" crowd to wail in horror at his writings.  In either case, fuck the PC
crowd. :)

> >I know what _I'd_ think was going down if I was entering my home late at
> >night and four black guys approached me and started screaming....
>
> Especially in NYC,,,

No shit.

> What may be needed is for some survivalist to whack a complete swat squad
> on a no-knock entry, when they burst through the wrong door - and have the
> case go to the supreme court.  It'd be a living hell for the "survivalist"
> though,,,

I don't think the poor survivalist would even survive the encounter.  At that
point, they'd probably plant some drugs on the body after they pump a few
hundred rounds up his ass.  Still if he manages to take out more than one cop,
I'd say it would be a win.

> Police Officers wear a uniform to provide a _visible_ presence, that very
> presence being a deterrant to the criminally minded in society.  Those 4
> were in some other category and should not have been doing flatfoot work.

Bottom line: police are here to protect the citizenry from criminals, not to
shoot them.  They are there to TAKE A BULLET for innocents, not allow the
innocents to be shot by their fire.  Sure a cop's life is important and
protecting it is important, but not at the price of standerby's.

Further, if cops are just citizens, how come they get to get away with murder?

--
 + ^ +  Sunder              "Only someone completely distrustful of   /|\