This has been an amusing, if for the most part useless, debate. Phill is
undeniably pompous, and takes himself far too seriously. "Reese" seems to
share these same affectations, and in addition appears (based on the
limited sampling of posts I've read) likes to shower the cpunx list with
usually-incomprehensible gibberish, inventive grammar, and a snarkily
juvenile attitude to match.

But although Phill has been intentionally obtuse in this debate, most
likely for his own amusement, he also has the substantial advantage of
knowing what he's talking about on at least this narrow point. "Reese"
responded with open-source dogma straight from slashdot, and wasn't
prepared to engage on the general principles.

Phill upped the ante with an apparent libel threat, with prompted "Reese"
to back down. That's unfortunate on both sides. "Reese" could have
challenged Phill on details and used some of the recent Linux collaborative
developments to bolster his own argument. Phill didn't need to resort to
what appears to be a vacuous legal threat: Calling him "undeniably
pompous," for instance, might be actionable in the UK, but not in the US
where truth, fortunately, remains an absolute defense against libel. :)

Recommendation: "Reese" should pick up judgement-proofing tips from Duncan.

Score: "Reese" 3, Phill 5

-Declan